Sunday 24 May 2009

Sunday...Sunny Day

Today was the first real sunshiney day yet. There have been glimpses of the sun in between the rain but today it was absolutely beautiful!

We went to church at St. Walburges again today. The priest said that he wouldn't even preach because it was too nice and he wanted the congregation to get out and enjoy it!

After the visit for tea with Jo McDonnell, Winn's best friend's 82 year old mother, we went home for a roast dinner. I have to say, it wasn't my best effort. I'm still getting used to the difference of English beef and the way they measure oven temperature. I found out that Gas Mark 4 is 350 F so, now I have a reference point. Yup, I overcooked it...grrr....it was a great piece of meat too!!! We got it fresh from the butcher shop yesterday...oh well, better luck next time.

Winn and I sat out in the sun in the back 'garden'...essentially a fenced in paved patio with a gated entrance to the alley. It sure felt great!!! After a walk in Haslan Park with Rosie, we went to watch the sunset over the Irish Sea on the quayside (pronounced 'keyside') in St. Annes. I'll try to upload some of the pictures I took....but since I'm still figuring this out it might be a gamble!

We drove through Blackpool on the way back...we may visit there tomorrow on Bank Holiday when Tracey (Winn's oldest daughter) and her partner Jimmy come over from Manchester for the day.

Oh, and wish me luck...I'm going to bake a cake!

Until next time.....wishing all of you well!!!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment